Saturday, June 13, 2009

Madonna Wins Adoption Battle

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Madonna may adopt a second child from Malawi, the southern African country's highest court ruled Friday, overturning a lower court decision that it said was out of touch with the times.

Chief Justice Lovemore Munlo, reading the three-judge panel's ruling, also said the singer's commitment to helping disadvantaged children should have been taken into account when deciding on Madonna's request to adopt three-year-old Chifundo "Mercy" James.

But James Kambewa, a Malawian security guard who claims to be James' biological father, broke down after hearing the court's ruling. "I'm crying," he said. "I need my baby. I don't know where I can find any help."

Upon overhearing Kambewa's reaction, Madonna broke through a crowd of reporters and taunted Kambewa with an impromptu, a cappella rendition of her 1986 hit "Papa Don't Preach" in which she changed the last line of the chorus to "I'm keeping your baby."

So far, there has been no reaction from Sean Penn.

....................

No comments:

Post a Comment